Through regular review and development of our safety management systems, Barber and Clarke air conditioning and refrigeration have policies in place to achieve a positive health and safety culture throughout the whole of the company. We are committed to the prevention of injuries and ill health of our employees, sub-contractors and others. Health and safety management is considered to be an integral part of all company operations and activities, and is the responsibility of all personnel from managing director downwards.
Our engineers undergo a regular and wide range of training, providing the ability to operate safely in many environments, from Clean Rooms to Construction sites.
Training / certification generally include:
- General Health and Safety training.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- First Aid in the work place.
- Mobile tower access training.
- Construction Skills CSCS Health and Safety cards.
- City and Guilds 2079 F-Gas training.
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations.
- Fire Safety training.
- Hydrocarbon Safe Handling training.
To name a few.
Barber and Clarke Ltd recognises its legal and moral responsibility to manage all aspects of business relating to the environment. Therefore, the company aims to take every opportunity to help protect and nurture the environment.
Barber and Clarke have therefore adopted this policy in an effort to show its commitment to managing its environmental responsibilities.
By exercising proper control over its activities the company aims to achieve the following key objectives:
- As a minimum, complying with all the legal requirements set out in the Environmental Legislation, and where possible striving to exceed these requirements.
- Reducing and where practicable prevent pollution, thus minimising our Environmenal impacts and developing a culture or environmental consciousness.
- Minimising the amount or waste sent to landfill, by ensuring the waste hierachy is applied to all waste generated and making sure our statutory Duty of Care requirements are being fulfilled.
- Promoting responsible energy efficiency in all work processes, in an effort to reduce green house gas emissions and preserve natural resources.
- Ensuring there is effective emergency plans in place to mitigate the effects of any accidental emissions or spillages.
- Raise awareness of environmental issues at all levels throught the company by incorporationg environmental factors into business decisions.
Our emplyees are provided with the information necessary to fully implement this policy via staff notice boards, regular staff meeting and any other communication channels deemed necessary. All new emplyees will receive a copy of our environmental policy upon induction and will be briefed on the companys expectations.
The policy will be reviewed annually, and revised accordingly to reflect any changers in the environmental impacts associated with Barber and Clarke Ltd's work activity.
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved. Barber & Clarke Ltd. 440 Landseer Rd, Ipswich IP3 9LU